View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 11:17 AM   #1115
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So I am back on UK time, after the USA Roadtrip.

The job situation is currently up in the air.

I interviewed for my own/old soon to be revamped and not mine, job, last Wednesday.

No idea if I will stand a chance, despite past successes and track record.

These days it seems the process decides.

Anyway, seems the winners and losers (everyone gets a prize, even if it stinks) will be informed next Tuesday.

In the mean time, I just keep doing what I am paid for.

Back to the UK and Roadtrips.

Adam, Dennis’ son, wife Hanna and son Tripp, along with her mum and husband Ginger and Clark came over last weekend to spend some time in the UK as tourists.

AirBnB was their choice, near Paddington.

Of course the country ended up in all sorts of turmoil with the death of the Queen and subsequent actions, including cancellation of tours of Buckingham Palace etc.

So they were somewhat left to their own devices to entertain themselves and a one year old.

Yesterday I took a day vacation and hired a 9 seater Ford Tourneo van, 10 years old and a bit rough around the edges, but for £110.00 including some diesel it seemed good enough as other local companies could not help

Mickey next door gave me a kiddie seat to use, though they brought theirs along as well.

George loved it.

Said transport.

After a late start, dictated by Tripp, they took an Uber from Paddington to meet me at Rochester, plan was originally to take a train.

From there we headed down to Dover, our target.

Clark wanted to see the white cliffs and we managed to get some of that done, visiting the lovely Battle of Britain memorial.

Memorial is a lovely place.

Planes.

Clouds really enhanced the pics and mood.

From there we headed to Dover Castle.

A venue one really needs a whole day for.

Great mix of very old history and more modern (1945-ish WW11 era)

We only got there at 3.00pm and did one short tour of the underground hospital, then decided to pull the plug on being tourists and headed back to Chatham for an early dinner.

Return trip was uneventful.

Group pic of course.

And inside of course.

Tripp charmed all the staff, a lot like his grandfather Dennis.

Food as always amazing.

Affordability is certainly something offered here, along with service and being welcomed as family.

After dinner, the tourists took the train back to London from Rochester.

I returned the hire car, and discovered Tripps entertainment centre under the seat.

Ooooopppps.

And of course an overnight postal delivery was impossible, as the postal,service is striking tomorrow and Saturday.

And Adam and co leave at midday tomorrow.

So Clark took a train to Lewisham this morning and we met up to give him the last part of the puzzle.

All in all, I was really pleased to have a day off work, and more importantly, spending it with friends

Life is good for sure. .
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote