View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 AM   #273
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Spent some more time on alignment Monday. Went over to Trackside Motorsports and we went over it again. They have a nicer set up with wheel plates. So much easier! After it was all said and done I went with a one inch higher ride height and that made it possible to lose three shims on each side and now the nuts have full thread contact and the camber is not as aggressive. I will drive it for awhile and see how I like it. The other thing we looked at was bump steer. With it still on the rack I raised it up and dropped it and we checked the toe numbers. With the air bags full and suspension at max drop the toe changed 2* and with it aired out it was a .08 degree difference. Which the guys at Trackside said was real good. They are Rally racers and are happy with 7-8 degrees with a much larger suspension range of movement. After finishing there I was off to the muffler shop. I have in the past done my own exhaust pipes but I sold an old video game and had some extra cash. It was nice to drop it off and pick it up the next day good to go. The I went for a 45 mile shake down run around town. Some highway, some stop and go rush hour, and a nice cruise up Skyline and back. The only issue is the speedometer cable is now making a huge racket. They must have repositioned it some how.
I do like the way it drives but the rear shocks are lacking. I haven't done anything with them yet and who knows how old they are in addition to they are at the bad angle that comes from lowering. Yet another thing to tend to. Tomorrow back up on the lift to check every bolt one more time for peace of mind.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote