View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #68
68Gold/white

Re: What's the coolest/most interesting thing you've found in your truck

In 1980 I was looking for a pickup, had to be a Chevrolet (captain Obvious!!!!). Just wanted a pickup. It's so convenient to own one!!!

I worked for a company that manufactured oil site tanks. My job every day was to go to the DOT office and get overload/size permits. I was talking to the gut in charge, there, about looking for a Chevy pickup. He said, Hey, my buddy has one. He told where it was. I knocked on the door to make sure everything was good, the folks at the home did not own the pickup, but knew I was coming.

It was full of construction scraps. I found out I had to take them, as part of the deal....no problem.

It was /is a dull Gold color, white trim. Man, I'm think'n is this ugly!!!

I knew exactly how to open the hood. I pried it open, first thing I noticed was the rusty chrome big block valve covers with the remnants of the Tonawanda decal on the pass side. It had AC, P/S, P/B, and a TH400, all original!!! I thought I had won the lottery!!!
Got in touch with the owner to make sure it ran and drove, he said he' guarantee THAT!!!!

Even being in my early 20's at that time, I wanted to make sure NO ONE else knew about this pickup, that could come buy it out from under me, in the one days time until I paid for it. Got the deal done!!!

It's NOT in much better shape, now, BUT I have ALL the pieces, and am gaining momentum towards its build!!!

Last edited by 68Gold/white; 08-09-2021 at 04:42 PM.
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote