View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 09:46 AM   #32
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
ok. so your saying run a wire from the "ACC" fuse location, to a relay, then to a distribution block?

"ACC" wire to pin 30, pin 87 to 12 volt distribution block, pin 85 to ground distribution block, unsure on pin 86 since thats usually where a switch gets wired... correct?

also wanted me to make sure the "ACC" fuse location is a 12 volt key.

i have other wires throughout the dash that wont be used - power windows, power locks, power antennae (also have heat and ac, but will keep those just in case for future). but i think i will wrap those up and tuck them in the dash.
Yes I didn't see that you had a different fuse block. The relay draws so little
amperage that you can use almost any source to close it. Run your ACC wire to no.86 on the relay and ground the no.85 on the relay then run any key off battery power source to no. 30 on the relay and run the power wire to your distribution block from the no. 87 terminal. Then when you turn on the key you will send power to the distribution block without running it through the key switch. It would be a good idea to fuse the power wire going to the no. 30 terminal as well. I would use a 30 amp maxi-fuse.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote