View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #25
1981_c10

Re: 1981_c10 Step-Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Glad to hear you're still working on this rig. Sounds like maybe you're going to be doing new body work and paint. But if you were still thinking about stripping the flat black back to the original paint, I was going to recommend that you try mineral spirits on the black. And if that doesn't work then lacquer thinner might help you remove it. If you're going to sand it I would start with something much less aggressive. 1500 would be a good place to start but probably would be slow going. 1000 grit is sometimes is too aggressive and removes paint to quickly so you might find the right grit somewhere in between the two.
I started looking to go to the original paint, but i forgot how much of it was already gone. Plus, the previous owner bondo was cracking and i wanted to repair that. I am in the process if stripping down to the metal. What a process. I have almost complete both doors and the roof. Found two big dents and tons of hail on the roof...how well. I will repair it over the next year.

1962 C10 Recreating Dad's High School Truck
1981 C10
1981_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote