View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 11:18 AM   #9
old51sedan

Re: Blazer tank gas gauge hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969stepside View Post
what do i need to do to make my gase gauge work on my truck. I have relocated the gas tank to the rear if the truck but i am not sure how to wire up the gas gauge. Are there any threads that could possibly lead me in the right direction?
I bought a tank a few years ago and installed it in my 69. Last year my gas gauge was on empty all the time. I had left a bolt loose on both boards on my new floor so was able to pull them to check my work.I had grounded the tank correctly, the wire was correct also, upon pulling the float out it was brass and soldered and leaked, it was full. I installed a plastic one from a jeep I believe. After that my gauge started working, but was off by a quarter of a tank. After some checking I found out it was the gauge. Ordered a new one from NPD, it was no better than the old one. I ended up returning it to them, they were good about it. I found a used one I had tucked away and it checked out good with a volt meter, installed it and everything was good to go. My advice is check the float before installing. I'll enclose a picture of my gas fill, just wondering how you are installing yours
Attached Images

old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote