View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #112
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Drove my truck out the garage up into the garden at 06.30 this morning....My fix for the day.

Since then....

Been playing with the MX5 as I need to get it roadworthy so it can be MOT tested, Taxed and under Nicola's butt.

Sanded back, primered and painted surface rust on sills.

Polished stainless sill protectors.

Washed, scrubbed, and fed leather seats with dubbin saddle feed.

Cleaned dash, plastics etc with Auto Glym.

Removed centre console, found ( I suspect) drivers window switch non functioning, converted ashtray to coin tray for car parking money.

Wire brushed, sanded and repainted battery tray area as well as whole of boot area.

Bought two front indicator light units of MX5Nutz to replace broken one on car, and possibly other one as well.

Bought new leather handbrake and gearlever gaiters off Evilbay, as gear lever gaiter is holed a few places.

Bought the top rubber gearbox gaiter on trans tunnel as that is totally knackered.

Bought used power window switches with auto function to replace my suspect one.

Bought Auto Glym fabric roof cleaner and waterproofing agent as roof has never been waterproofed since fitting, hope it helps.

Cleaned and polished steering wheel leather (not sure how to do it really) Any tips on how welcome, or a Wood rimmed steering wheel for sale to replace this one, welcome.

Sanded down and started re-sealing handbrake wooden handle with Danish oil.

Polished Ally gear knob.... I just love the feel of it and the way it works when changing gears.

Next job is to go back to the garage now and disconnect battery and cut out small section of rust in rear outer sill and let in new metal, then prep, prime and paint and tomorrow Waxoyl the new section. Followed by fresh underseal on the repaired section.

Followed by getting onto the handbrake adjustment, which I need to feel out based on advice that I have been given.

Monday I hope to get a discounted price for a pair of Bridgestone 195/50 15's for the front, to match whats on the rear.

Photos to follow later.

Really enjoying this car so far.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote