View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #13
jumpsoffrock

Re: Rear drums removal on a 67 C50

Random update about wheel cylinders:

Quote:
The raysbestos website/parts catalog was update about 3-4 months after I used it---for no apparent reason.

The new website doesn't give hardly any information compared to what it used to. That really pissed me off, but it was after the fact, so it didn't matter.

To add insult to injury, I got the wrong parts the first time. And then they were stolen off my porch when delivered(FedEx).
You see, there are apparently different cylinders for 15"x4" rear brakes, and the larger 15x5" jobs. I couldn't find any eveidence that I had the larger brakes so I bought the cylinders for the smaller brakes

Why is this relevant to you? Because that OLD receipt is the only one I have a picture of!

I didn't keep track of the NEW part numbers for the larger brakes I had. The cylinder part #'s are not the same.

Therefor the only part numbers I have are wrong.

There is a very remote chance I have the old boxes or cylinders left, but I remember basically leaving them outside to ruin since I was in a hurry...so I'll check on that today and tomorrow.

I'm really sorry about this. You could try calling Raybestos to see if they still have the old catalog in their official system.

There is one other ounce of hope, and that is I remember the part numbers for the larger brakes cylinders(15x5") were very close to the smaller units

I "THINK" I remember.

Info in RED came from picture illustrated on Raybestos website when you search the part numbers I listed. Thankfully the pictures are very good and of actual parts, not just generic stock photos.

My OLD receipt says the smaller(15x4") part numbers are:
RAYBESTOS WC37158 Bottom wheel cylinder

RAYBESTOS WC37157 top wheel cylinder

The new part numbers for the larger brakes(15x5") might have been--I'm not sure--:

RAYBESTOS WC37159 Bottom wheel cylinder

RAYBESTOS WC37160 Top wheel cylinder

If you do a search for part #'s on Rockauto.com, they all exist, but there is almost no information on any of them. The applications are all incorrect.

Last edited by jumpsoffrock; 06-15-2017 at 09:20 PM.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote