View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:57 PM   #493
harrisoncole4

Re: 1969 K10 CST Full Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
Like the Blazer however, over time our doors had lost the square nuts that attach the bottom of the door card. I liked the clean look of no screws on the Blazer and elected to attach it with velcro. As we are striving for a factory appearance on this truck, we needed those four door panel screws. These rubber expansion nuts fit the holes in our door exactly. I put a bit of weatherstrip adhesive on the expansion nuts to hold them in place, but they engaged quickly and worked well as an easy substitute for the capture nuts. I procured a set of ferules from Woody (southern parts). The openings at the door and window handles needed a little enlargement for the escutcheons to pop on. With the weatherstripping and door sills in, the interior is officially done. And boy do those doors jump open. On the bummer side, it looks like I've got a leak on the front output seal on the transfer case. I'll have some time to ponder that as she got moved back out and the shop cleaned up so Eric can focus on painting the hood, cowl and the final few odds and ends (like inner fenders, headlight buckets, and jack tool hold down bits) this week.
Where did you source your '69 door panels from? Did you glue them to the original metal panels, or did you go with the abs backed set? What are your thoughts on the quality versus original?