View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #9
68mg

Re: Greetings from Vancouver, WA

Thanks guys, I didn't know about the different parts of the truck having different primer colors. I guess that would give a slightly different tint to certain colors.

LT7A - Yeah, the other med. blue C10 is in a storage building so I don't have any good pictures of it right now. It would take a lot more time to get it on the road since I have to rebuild the engine. I'm also waiting to see if one of my kids wants to help restore it when they get a little older.

I'm going to try to keep it mostly original since it still has all the components that match the buildsheet and protecto-plate (I blurred out the last couple of digits of the VIN in the pic). The truck's build date was 1-9-68 and the 327 engine was built on 12-27-67 (V1227YK), 3.07 axle on 1-2-68 (HB 0102K) and TH400 Tranny on 12-20-67 (68T354 if I calculated the julian date right depending on leap year, etc). Even still has the original carb. and I've verified that the 327 engine has the larger journals and forged crank even though I've read that those weren't supposed to come out until later in '68.
Attached Images

68mg is offline   Reply With Quote