Thread: 55.2-59 Hood wont close
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #19
mr48chev

Re: Hood wont close

Quote:
Originally Posted by my56chevytruck View Post
Having said that, I agree with you. Don't remove a thing, but try simply removing the hood hinges and lay your hood back on and see if it lays down properly. Perhaps it is twisted or the hinges could be mounted incorrectely. Good luck
Good point there. Eliminate things that might be wrong that you (and we) didn't think of before. you can probably just take the hood loose from the hinges and let the hinges drop down and set the hood back on and see if it fits on the nose right and then figure it out from there. No cost except time.

The stand back and look from 20/30 ft away comes into play here too.

Is the front of the cab slightly down compared to the nose in that the gap at the bottom of the fender is slightly wider than at the top or the opposite is it close at the bottom and wide at the top. A shim under the body mount or a shim under the nose mount might be all it needs. Its close enough that you don't have to take it apart but you still may have to do some fine tuning.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote