View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #84
clinebarger

Re: '04 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
So those parts have been "tested" with great results,
Are these parts replacements for "stock" rebuild parts or extras?
Are these parts much higher than stock rebuild parts including the converter
The Alto HEG Frictions are all I am testing, Everything else in my trans including the new stuff shown above I have been using for years on High Performance builds.

The Circle D Converter is one of their Cheaper ones...But still cost $450. Where a stock rebuild runs about $100 from a local rebuilder.
GM puts a 278mm (1900 RPM) Stall in the I6 Trailblazer, They are notorious for Torrington Bearing failures in HP applications, And sends Aluminum through the trans when it fails. Used 100's of Circle D modified 278mm converters with NO failures.

The Input Drum Reinforcement isn't needed when running a Stock Stall-2800 Stall Converter, High Stalls shock the crap out of the Aluminum Drum leading to Cracks where the Input Shaft splines into the Drum. Runs about $70.

The HD 2-3 Shift Valve protects the Froward Sprag from taking 100% of the Torque in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Runs about $40. This will explain it better...http://www.sonnax.com/parts/2464-hea...-3-shift-valve

The Stator Bushings, I do in every customers unit, I just didn't have any on hand when I built mine, And Mine were in good shape.

The Borg Warner Frictions are OEM & more expensive than Alto or Raybestos.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote