View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 01:35 PM   #29
SARBlade

Re: My’56 Chevy Shortbox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
i love a good double triangulated 4-link!

have you seen the 4-link calculator spread sheet? here's a link to d/l it if not. use it, trust it, design with it. small changes can be the difference between a good set-up and a great one! i always suggest making the upper link frame mounts with adjustable holes so you can change the anti-squat if needed. set up some holes below 100% estimate, and some above, or around whatever range you are shooting for.

https://www.crawlpedia.com/files/4_link_calculator.xls

when i did the trailing arms for my 55 i wasn't going to run it, did, and 6" longer links made a HUGE change to a more correct geometry.
Thanks, yeah, I looked at a calculator on line, I need some weights, that I no longer can get because I didn't way the front end and the rear end separately. Heck, I don't even know what the truck weighs right now lol. I did take a bunch of measurements for where I want the rear to sit, and put the diff back into the correct position. I wasn't really too worried about squat since I wasn't racing it, but I guess under hard acceleration, its better the ass go down then up lol