Thread: 47-59 i give up. i need help.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 04:54 AM   #8
dsraven

Re: i give up. i need help.

quote:
at the rear light plug there are two wires per side. one for power the other for turn signal. with the tail lights on the power wire has power. with the turn signal on they both have power. push the brake and both wires lose power.
---------------
can you explain this a bit? do you mean the tail light wires are hot on both sides of the truck when the tail lights are called for-like they should be, and then the tail lights were turned off to check the signals next but when the signals are turned on both the signal wires and the tail light wires are hot on both sides of the truck? did you mean the tail lights were still on and hot and then when you turn the signals on then both the tail and signal wires are hot on both sides of the truck at the same time? then when you step on the brakes they all go dead with no power to any wire? is this from a test light with an independent dedicated ground attached to the truck frame?
have you ever checked the front lights to ensure the original wiring didn't get mixed up so the front signals are actually wired up to the switch where the rear signals are supposed to be? do the front signals work like brake lights when the brakes and signals are both called for? I have seen that done before. not necessarily with your symptoms.
can you give us a play by play on each circuit

tail lights on only
-power to tail light wire on right side
-power to tail light wire on left side
-no power to signal/brake wire on either side

right signal light on only
-power to right signal wire
-no power to left signal wire
-no power to tail light wire on either side

left signal light on only
-power to left signal wire
-no power to right signal wire