View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 08:54 AM   #11
Joyridin

Re: Flat-Out Engineering front end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedred View Post
There are some subpar photos in a few threads I found. Here is a video Link with some decent shots for the front suspension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOzF3xNDf-8

In that video Dustin refers to the engine set back of nearly 10 inches to get the engine placement right due to the steering rack mounting location. If you look at the side shots of the truck the wheels are setback in the front wheel well towards the cab. His truck Flat work on the auto cross track.

I talked to Don at Flat Out and he said the engine setback is not needed if the wheel is centered in the fender.

I am building my truck for auto cross first and foremost. I will rework the steering rack situation if need be. Been a lot of times I thought I should have just built my own crossmember and used C6 or C7 Corvette front suspension components. I took the quicker way out.
Ok. I spoke to Don a few times. What he told me initially and what the instructions say are quite different. When I spoke to him after receiving the parts, he gave me a completely different story.

The video looks like he is using an 84-87 C4 set-up. I am using a 95 set-up. Apparently there is no way to hook up a sway bar on the later set-up. Just curious if anybody found one that works.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote