View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 08:33 AM   #24
wickedred

Re: Flat-Out Engineering front end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
Yeah...I was going to go with Fatman. Besides adding a spacer for the motor mount, theirs bolted right in place. What Don told me on the phone and what the instructions state, or don't state, are massively different.

Yours looks good! Do you have a rack and pinion? Apparently they are getting hard to find.
Nope I don't have the rack and pinion. They are tuff to find from what I have seen. I will probably take the plasma cutter and knock the rack mounts off and make mounts for a flaming river rack.

From the threads and post I have found and couple guys I have talked too. Its the rack and pinion that is the biggest interference with engine placement.

My truck is a cut down LWB truck. I have two other SWB frames. I don't have an issue cutting up the shortened fame to make this work. My original intention was to build a full custom frame. I just got a bit lazy... LOL

1971 C10. Auto Cross/Pro Touring Build. Project : I am gonna go broke with this one.

1970 Chevy LWB 4x4. 355, 4spd, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, 35x12.50 tires... STOLEN

I will put a Turbo on anything with an engine if the $$$ is right. Once upon a time....
wickedred is offline   Reply With Quote