View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #40
geunther

Re: The build date project

I suppose somethings are getting lost in terminology (post vs thread, cut and paste which removes original data vs copy and paste).

The original thread (without project in the title) was intended for everyone to quote the previous post, and like jocko said, that would keep the list current with everyone adding their own info. This would certainly involve the least amount of individual overhead. The problem was, it was not working as intended. Some users were quoting the post which was not the most current or complete. So there were trucks in some posts, yet not in others etc.

57taskforce started this thread (build date project) with the intent to be more involved with the list management, in an effort to keep it more accurate. By this time he and I were both trying to keep the original thread current. Information for this thread was received by individual posts and by private messages. Also, I was researching other sources for public data involving VINs and build dates and adding those.

Since the creation of this thread, I have not done any work on the original thread believing this thread to be the most current with the other thread fading away and believing the original poster of the original thread could find what they were looking for here as well as benefiting the community.

All of that being said, the last thing I wanted to do was make things more confusing. I won't speak for 57 but I think neither of us minded the work and thought it was a worthwhile project. Even if it involved daily checks and updates. I am more than happy to assist in anyway, even by stopping if that is best. My day job involves computer programming, so I am normally on all day, everyday.
geunther is offline   Reply With Quote