View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
devinder8788

Re: signal lights AND reverse lights HELPPP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraprail View Post
I'm going to assume you have a 81-87 C10 so based on that assumption,

First off, your machanic is correct. Both of the REAR signal lights are the same lamps as the brake lights. When you apply the brakes and the turn signal is on (blinking) that side continues to blink and only the other side actually has the brake light.
In other words, which ever side you turn on the blinker it will over ride the brake light on that side.
Now that I read your post again, do you mean both sides blink when you hit the brakes?

As for the back up lights I would guess that they are staying on while you are driving forward. Have someone drive behind you if possible as see if they stay on. The reverse light switch is on the steering column (i'm assuming you have an automatic transmission) and they have been known to go bad. It can come and go to so when the switch sticks only sometimes.
Thats really the only thing that would cause the lamps to get so hot and burn up like that. Backup lamps are a high wattage and put out a ton of heat so when they stay on it can even melt the lense sometimes.

Yes my truck is a 87-c10 2dr automatic diesel
what i was trying to say is that as i put my foot on the break my front signal lights not the ones that are on the side of the fenders the ones under the headlights light up as soon as i take my foot off the break it turns off
i had some one drive behind me when i back up my one bulb is burnt out, as i drive the reverse bulbs are not on only when i put it in reverse the bulb turns on. when i turn the left signal on the signal works fine when i put the right signal on it just stays green on the dash it does not blink
2000 chevrolet corvette
2001 Pontiac grand prix GT
2005 GMC yukon 4X4
2006 BMW 325I
devinder8788 is offline   Reply With Quote