View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #92
SCOTI

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin71105 View Post
Well the new brake rod lasted a few pumps after bleeding and that 5/16 rod bent at the round section that goes over the stud in arm. So I went back and cut the 5/16 rod off and went with 3/8 rod with a spacer between the adjustable coupler and the round section.

Pumped on these very hard with lines closed and no bending or movement at all.

I pressed out the stud for the loop on the booster rod and pressed it in my stock pedal. So using it with a spacer instead of brake switch on those models and a dorman clip to hold it all on.

I got a template of 16 ga steel plate made for the gas pedal to mount on outside of firewall. Plan is once I get pedal exactly where I want it to weld nuts on this and weld the plate to the firewall so it cant move if I need to take pedal out.

Save that for another day, its cold and after 2.5 days of jacking with this brake pedal I am beat.
I would set-up the under dash brake pieces to be a 2-part 'modular' installation: parts contained under the dash connected to parts retained outside the firewall.

This allows for easy replacement of the brake booster for future service vs having to revisit fab work to make the set-up work. Is this how you ended up?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote