View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 11:05 PM   #98
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

All factory vacuum booster must have the eyelet cut off and the pushrod lengthened in a rigid fashon to reach the brake pedal. You simply can not have 2 pivot points. Aftermarket universal booster come with a threaded pushrod. One of the main purposes of my booster brackets is to give a good solid connection with the booster/master assembly directly to the pedal bracket on the inside. This is very important from a safety perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin71105 View Post
88-98 C1500 using Cpt Fabs bracket, the rod is too short to meet up with pedal like it needs to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin71105 View Post
If I ever have to change my booster I'm going to take that bracket off put it against the firewall and see if that gives me the right length. I think the bracket is what is giving me the space between the ring and the brake pedal.

Would just need to drill holes in the firewall and mount directly to it but now that I've already done brake lines and all the other stuff I'm not jacking with it any more.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote