View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #21
88Stanger

Re: Rotten 66 Farm Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorrough View Post
Yeah it's the POL setup. I'm happy with it. The painted finish was a little rough but I'm not going for a show truck.

I just made the mistake of checking out your build thread. I'm jealous of that frame brace. That thing looks amazing and I'm sure it really helps reduce frame torque when swapping to hotter engines.
LOL ya I will agree that paint on it is a bit rough, but a little can of spray and tada...
As for the brace, it is a nice piece i must say. Honestly, i was so nervous because it is a "generic Summit piece" but then learned that they have a shop build them each, so i was feeling a bit better and then i got it and i really like it. It should stiffen the frame nicely, but i am a bit nervous about working with it and routing of exhaust. I know it will work, but it will take a bit more time to build, but with this crap we are going through, what else do i have now. lol
I too also did the Yukon 5 lug conversion, but i went Disc set up and i will finish with Hydroboost.
You are safe to look at my build now.. i am doing rust repair and more and more.... lol, it really is not that bad, but time consuming....
I plan to use Por 15 on the entire inside of cab along with sound mat with Carpet and then on the uderside i have bed liner spray kit i bought (again - did it on my "69).
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote