View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Snake72

Grandpa's 72 restoration

Hey All, new guy here with a good story about a cool truck. I've been lurking on this site for the last year and it's amazing the amount of knowledge that is available here! Thanks guys! I'm trying to make progress with this truck, I have a 3 year old and twins due in June '17 so my "fun" time will be coming to an end for awhile. Now, about the truck. I'll try to keep it short

My grandpa bought this 72 custom deluxe new in 1972. My dad rode with him home from the dealership in it. Grandpa passed away in '76, I never had a chance to meet him. Grandma kept it on the farm here in Iowa and kept it in fantastic original condition. She let my uncle use it as his farm truck when he got out of the marines about 1993 and started the farm back up. Farm use took its toll on old blue and its 350 eventually gave out and was parked back at my grandmas indoors for the last 5 years. I learned how to drive in this truck, in the middle of a picked bean field. Always wanted it. Grandma said it was mine whenever I was ready. Last year my father in law retired and bought himself a shop. He used to own a body shop and race dirt track/build motors. We picked up old blue September '15 and started tearing into it. The truck was far worse than what it looks like in pictures, all sheet metal below the trim is rusted through, rockers and cab corners non existent, floor and cab supports gone. But the truck is 100% original except long lost hub caps. I really wanted to LS swap, cut down to short bed and slam it but just cant do it. Too complete and original motor, trans, everything! So its getting restored back to factory. Enough talking, everyone just wants pics. Here is first few pics
Attached Images

Snake72 is offline   Reply With Quote