View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 12:25 AM   #71
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Freshened up my actuators today. They're easy to test with the a vacuum/pressure tool. Never used one before today. The engine compartment actuator on project truck had a leak, probably from the sloppy paint job I did long ago. But then I remembered why I bought my driver truck, and it works.

Apparently the actuator at the kick panel is painted for aesthetics and the other is not. There's a stud inserted into the hole in the rod for the outside air door actuator. The hole is open and uses a link on the inside air door actuator. EDIT: The major difference between the actuators is the outside air door actuator uses an internal spring as a return, while the inside door actuator uses an external spring.

On the side, what a great invention.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-26-2018 at 08:13 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote