View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 11:59 PM   #106
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

I like to problem solve and I like (perhaps love?) working on the truck and learning things about it. Luckily the stuff I've bought hasn't cost a lot.

I've just realized I only need to buy one fiber gasket, I have one in "stock" from a rebuild kit I didn't use. Not sure why I ended up with a extra Qjet rebuild kit.

Edit Parts Order Update:
Ordered Fel-Pro 60255 (Amazon), the AED Performance 6155 Phenolic Birch wood 1/2 Spacers and ARP 200-2403 Carburetor Studs (Summit) for the back of the Carb. I am pretty sure I can reuse the Mr. Gasket's front studs as they were actually a bit two short IMO.
The fellow at AED (John Dickey) has been very helpful in email replies. Though while he says this problem that I am fighting definitely affect cars more since there is hardly any room for the heat to go to. For trucks, there is lots more room under the good for heat to dissipate and is surprised I am fighting such high temps post engine shut down on my carb bowl.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 05-02-2021 at 08:35 AM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote