View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #1
REDROCKER652002

Front brake issue

A little background My son's truck is a 69 C10. After dealing with brake issues, we determined that the disc setup was from a 72 1/2 ton. Got it all worked out and new rotors, pads, bearings and lines. He just sent me a text to say he blew a bearing on the drivers side. He probably jacked up the spindle as well because he drove it home (about 2 blocks). I have not even looked at it yet as I am at work. We had the front end aligned and all seemed ok there, with the exception of new upper ball joints that were replaced. It could very well be that either he or I put the castle nut on too tight and that is the issue, but for now I am going to assume he is going to at least need new spindles. I don't have much info on the spindles that are in there, but it appears the truck is dropped by about 2 inches.

So, my question is, assuming he is going to need new spindles, where would be a good place to get them? Junk yards are probably out as I am not the type to rummage thru them if I can buy new. Or would it be better to get a whole new front setup that way we know what we have and it is all new? This is going to be a good time for me to suggest a front sway bar as well since we will have it on blocks for a bit while we get whatever he needs.

Any input on where to purchase items would be much appreciated.

RR
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote