Thread: Hey Tim!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:47 PM   #88
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Hey Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Sounds like pure unavoidable dread. Who is everyone? Everyone in his camp? Wife/girlfriend? Only your brother is involved, the peanut gallery is mere vapor here. Just remember that.

Hey Leon! Did you send this crisp cold air over my way?
Oh there's a peanut gallery but I have all the power. They're just annoying. I won't rant on about them. But I sure could. That would be a long post.

It was super windy here last night. Like I've never seen before. It knocked the power out for 16 hours and that killed my pump on my well, so I had no power or water. I have a generator but didn't bother to dig it out of the shed. It's buried in there and it was pitch dark outside and cold. I figured that they would have me up and running by the time I dug it out and went an got gas and all that. Not my best idea but they usually are pretty fast and the lights went out at 7:30 pm. Everything is pretty much closed around here by then. So I waited...And waited... and waited.

I learned valuable lesson. I have to be more prepared. I have to get my generator ready to rock and roll at a moments notice and keep more gas around. A buried generator and no gas in the dark is really not much help. And I need more extension cords. I only have one here. That doesn't cut it. I've got plenty at my other place and that generator is propane. I'm good to go there but I wasn't there. I've got to set this place up better than I have. Lesson learned.

One funny thing was when the crew showed up that crazy Lab from down the road ran over with his ball. If you throw his ball he will not leave you alone. They found out. They threw it once and he was back in 2 seconds wanting them to throw it again. That dog never quits. He just loves chasing that ball. They must have thrown it 20 times because he will drop it at your feet and bark until you throw it. He's a funny dog but If i see him coming with his ball I go inside.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote