Thread: Hey Tim!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 02:28 PM   #91
special-K
Special Order

Re: Hey Tim!

That is some serious cold. Hop a plane and come down here to our balmy teens and single digits. Up home in the mountains will be dipping into the negative rangeI wonder how far Eric is from International Falls. That's the place they always tell us about when the extremes hit. That's how he got to have too much stuff. He shuts the business down and flees for milder weather and junk yards

Never heard that term, Cyclone Bomb. But I can see how they came up with it. We just call them Nor'easters. Arctic blast, which our weather people call the "Alberta Clipper", mixes with a moist low that comes up the coast or up the Appalachian Valley from the gulf of Mexico. The low stalls the cold high right over us with things spinning counter-clockwise (where the Nor-easter term came from. Same spin as a hurricane and on the eastern upward stroke it picks up moisture off the ocean then dumps snow on us (heavy rain in warmer months) on the western downward stroke.

I feel like I've gotten a better understanding of how our weather works, after all these years. Not that it changes anything. Like ole Dave Arterburn used to say, "We're gettin' it weather we want it or not".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote