View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #354
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacfourteen View Post
Great work! If you can't find a matching marker light you could get a full set off of an 80's chevy/gmc full size van. They bolt right in and they have a smoother look to them, if you would like a picture let me know I have the van lights on my truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! I actually used those smooth lights on my '72 Blazer and liked the look of them. The vans are also a good source of the 'deluxe' marker lights. Gonna hit the 'yard in the morn and see what I can find...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn agn View Post
I just wanted to say that I am loving this build. I know it takes a lot of discipline to not go overboard on the body work, paint etc... Good job!
Thanks for the compliments I am having serious difficulties in not making this thing perfect, but some 'bumps and bruises' are needed to pull off the look I'm going for. I shoulda just started with your truck I might actually make it shiny someday, but not anytime soon...

Got a bunch done today, but squat for pics- forgot to grab the camera. I did a lot of final assembly type stuff, such as bumpers, inner fenders, weatherstripping, blah, blah, blah... Here's a crappy cell phone pic of 'in progress', just to satiate the pic need:
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote