View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #68
mattfranklin

Re: PROJECT: How would a Chevrolet dealer build a shop truck in the early 1970s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
Love the thought process in your build. Yea those taps do not like the rust and crud they go through. I tried to blow them out with PB blasters or WD before running a chase through them.

Saw your other thread in engine and drivetrain, Its a tad bit hard to see what your looking at. I thought for some odd reason or perhaps ill advise that one would not have to anything with rocker contact when using stock parts?

I could be wrong, whats your thought on this?
Really good point. Most demonstration videos or articles I have seen use roller rockers. They *say* you can do it for stock stamped rockers (even Comp says that), but the pictures they always show are marks from rollers.

I have to use a bit of interpretation when I see the marks on the top of my valve stems. I do lots of repeats and get about the same pattern.

But there sure seems to be a big smudge with the stock style stamped steel rockers (Crane 11800-16). These are actually brand new Crane stamped rockers with stock 1.5 ratio, so I can't blame it on worn out parts. Trying to keep it in the spirit of a new stock restoration even if the original part numbers are no longer available.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=567340

Last edited by mattfranklin; 05-09-2018 at 07:06 PM.
mattfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote