View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #21
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Suburban quarter replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I actually just got some long bed bed sides from Leon so I can use them as patches for the wife's burb. I just need some more of that time stuff to get to that.
I am under the impression that there is a difference between the long bed and the Suburban sheet metal in the area between the rear part of the wheel arch and the end of the quarter panel. The bottom roll is at a steeper angle on a Suburban is what I was told.
In the photo below the red line indicates where the long bed bottom edge would be different if what I was told is true. The reason I am asking is I have read here where people have used short bed sides or Blazer sides but with no explanation as to why, which panel do pick. Like you I have the opportunity to get a long bed side but if it is a bunch more work it may be better for me to pass on it.

If it isn't too much trouble could take a couple of minutes and compare the sides you got from Leon with your Suburban and see it that is true? I know how the bottom edge attaches is different between the pickups and the Suburbans.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote