Thread: Lss3
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #125
69cunningham

Re: Lss3

The front brake hoses and line are installed. The Wilwood calipers have pipe threads. A right angle NPT to AN fitting is used to connect to the hose. I read that Teflon tape is used to seal the pipe threads. I hope it holds.

The shocks also went on. There are a few issues. First, with just the weight of the motor and trans to compress the springs, the shocks were about half an inch too short to reach the mounts. The springs and shocks are one inch drop units from CPP. The shock end up limiting the downward movement of the suspension rather than the bump stop on the upper control arm. I sent them an email to see if this is normal. I was able to bolt them in by adding a little more weight to the chassis. Another problem is that I had the cut the sleeve that goes in the lower bushing. It now just fits in the control arm bracket. The last (hopefully) issue is the upper bushing. If I tighten the nut so that it bottoms out on the stud shoulder, the bushing is way too compressed. I don’t know if I should use a lock nut and not bottom it out or shave the bushing a bit. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

The last thing I did was install the exhaust manifolds and coils. I smoothed the manifold casting lines and painted them with POR 15 Factory Manifold Gray.
Attached Images

69cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote