View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 07:17 AM   #4
MoreWorkToDo

Hmmm, exactly what do I have to start with?

I started to feel better about the build now. It seemed like most of the rust was rocker panels, cab corners, kick panels, etc. Nothing that an ill fitting patch panel (or ill installed) couldn't be covered up with some filler or carpet.
Name:  DSCN5560.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  93.1 KB

It was a gold mine under that seat! But, what could be lurking under this rubber floor mat?
Name:  DSCN5562.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  90.6 KB

Rot and rust.
Name:  DSCN5578.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  61.7 KB

I may have mentioned I'm an amateur body guy. I've never developed good welding skills nor do I have (at the time I was staring at this) the necessary tools to fix this well. The only thing greater than the dreadful feeling of "what did I get myself into" was my imagining the pride I'd feel when I transformed it. All the little fasteners, clips, knobs, etc are in labeled ziploc baggies. I am worried about remembering how to reassemble this thing.
Name:  DSCN5584.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  56.4 KB

Notice the rust perforation on the kick panel. All in all, I didn't think this was so bad - mind you this is the first I've personally seen or done. Most of the rot and significant rust was well within existing patch panels territory and the rest of the floor was in great shape. The undercoating (I hate that stuff) was in decent condition underneath, I think there is too much good floor to replace the entire floor. More to come on the hidden rot lurking behind....
Name:  DSCN5579.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  47.9 KB

Last edited by MoreWorkToDo; 10-31-2015 at 07:23 AM.
MoreWorkToDo is offline   Reply With Quote