View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #13
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: New 2 ME 14 Sierra SWB 5.3-6spd Hope I didn't blow it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
SO if I get you right, there are pro's and con's to the lowering? Is your truck level now?
Yes. There are pros, and cons to the lowering job i have done. Also my truck sits pretty level with the back end up maybe 1".

My truck handles better due to increased effective caster. I think it rides better, and feels less jittery to me.

MPG seems to be slightly higher on the highway, but not much to write home about. But what highway mpg tracking I did before the mod seems I usually do slightly better on average.

My weight carrying has decreased by 500 pounds roughly before I am riding the bump stops. I always needed helper air bags, but its still there.

It handles 7500 pounds roughly towing better on the road as the trailer has less leverage on the hitch. Still hit bump stops often, and need helper air bags.

I can reach inside the bed now, and lifting things onto the tailgate is easier. Before I barely could load a sbc block into the bed, and now its easy enough for me.

My offroad activities are limited to dirt roads, and I scrape my lower lip often. Plus bending it to.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote