View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #28
lupo

Re: Stripping Paint From Cab - Need Surface Rust Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWillBeSlow View Post
I do have a spot blaster I can use on some of the larger small pits.. I was hoping to not have to do the whole truck due to the mess. I may also spot blast what I can, hit it with acid again, and see where that takes me.

How does this roof look compared to most? This truck has 1 respray + 1 additional coat of primer. Did this trap water under the paint? Roof and back cab are the worst

I appreciate all the opinions, keep them coming.
Do not use muriatic acid on the sheet metal. Muriatic acid is a concrete etch ,a very powerful acid that continues to eat the metal. When you run water over a body that's been cleaned , especially in Florida it will flash rust before your eyes. The primer I recommend it to you will work on marginally prepared surfaces. The Pittsburgh Homestead High Level Bridge which was not sandblasted due to EPA regulations was ground down with grinders. applied two coats of the Slim and 1coat of AG 111. The bridge is a mile long. At the end of 14 years less than 5% corrosion on the entire structure. Yes your roof is clean enough.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote