View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #11
JustToxic

Re: C20 to K20 Conversion "Simply Toxic"

And now this brings us up to date with where I am at now. Last weekend I decided to cut the frame down to the correct wheel base. I bought a crew cab short bed frame, mainly for the deal I got on it but also because it was pretty clean. And by clean I mean less then 75K miles on the frame. If anyone has done the frame swap before, you have realized that the frame where the cab sits is considerably lower than where the bed mounts. To be exact 11 1/2", now the '67 frame is only a 3 3/4". I've seen the other post on here about having massive frame gaps and moving bed floors up to make up a difference. I decided to skin the cat a different way. My daily is a 2002 2500HD, I hate how much of the frame you can see under the cab. So my father in law and I decided to cut the frame down in the hump. Now I know what your thinking, That's the hardest way to cut down the frame. Your right, but I want this truck to look from the outside like its sitting on a stock frame.

After hours of measuring and double checking and triple checking our measurements and cut locations we decided to cut into the frame. We needed to cut it down 25" on the dote to have the wheel base be correct. With cutting the frame like we did it brought the front frame section up an extra 7". Now when the frame is sitting level the front of the frame is way higher then it used to be. So it left me with a few options for the front suspension. A. Get a 7" IFS lift kit. B. Do a Straight axle swap. I bet you already guessed it. I'm going to be doing a Straight axle swap. A parallel 4 link, with coil-over shock set up. I'll be using the Dana 44 for now that I mentioned in the last post.
Attached Images

1971 Chevy C20 Custom Camper LS Swap http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=763775
JustToxic is offline   Reply With Quote