View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 01:20 AM   #1
ProfGriff

Hoping to finally get this '67 home

I bought this non-runner '67 LWB C10 out of a field in SC four years ago now. I thought I could get it in driving shape to it get back to Canada in the fall of '18. I was close, but not quite, so I had to come back without it. Fast forward 4 years, and now, post covid, I can finally go back south this summer and drive it back up north. It's currently at my buddy's place in GA. FYI, this was a 6 cyl, bare bones truck originally, but had an early '90's TPI 350 swapped (with a Qjet) with the original 3 spd., and PS and PB. I got it running with a $10 fuel pump, but went through almost everything else in the fall of '19. New gas tank and lines, rebuilt Qjet, new HEI, new alum. rad, new WP, fan clutch, oil pan, all new brakes, etc. plus the wide steelies and tires. (235/75R15 front and 31x10.5x15 rear AT's) My plan is to do a 2/4 drop and build a nice 350/TH350. The outside I'll leave largely as-is, because you can't buy patina like this. I'll make the inside of the cab really nicey-nice. I'll have to blow apart the box and install a new bed floor, but I have that now. I will also have to learn how to weld properly. That can all happen when it's here on the right coast of Canada tho'. It is generally a really solid truck (to a guy who lives here in the REAL rust belt!)
I have a GoPro, so hopefully I can put together a YouTube vid of the trip back. It should be interesting, especially if I drag back the 350/TH350 powered '68 Volvo 122S I also own.

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Phil
Attached Images

ProfGriff is offline   Reply With Quote