View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
shifty1125

Re: how about this swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
Not the frame. measure how long the axles are. the 48 fenders outside to outside {the body} are narrower. than the 87. The frame has nothing to do with the axle width. Measure the front axle on the 87 it is wider tha the rear axle so the tires will clear the frame when the steering is cranked all the way{Full turn}.

They are your trucks do what you want. I am just trying to prevent you from getting into somthing then past the point of no return finding out it won't work.

I have only been messing around with chevy trucks for 30 years. mr48 even longer.
thank you for your info on the frame width.
Also I greatly appreciate your input and I dont want to get to far into it and find out it won't work. I think with enough fab work it will work as those pics of that other truck show it will fit and line up just needs different wheels to suck back in. Steering may be an issue. I may need some help with that. I already have the frame stripped and bout to make body mounts and my wife will be pissed if I get another frame and have two frame in the yard/garage. So I guess im already all the way in. I really do appreciate everyone's help. I'm sure I'll need some more advise with this build. I already built a 1981 with a 1996 step side bed with a fuel injected 5.3 in it. And I have my daily driver and my wife's car so she's not to happy with how many frames or trucks is outside until my shop gets built.
shifty1125 is offline   Reply With Quote