View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 12:49 AM   #55
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

more progress,the transmission parts arrived from New Hampshire,thanks Dan.they have been delivered to the transmission guy so he's doing his thing and hopefully next week,my transmission will be ready and i'll be able to go get it and get on with re-installing the engine and trans.now i'm on a mission for more of those wittek tower clamps.i have some but not enough,so i ordered more but no hurry on them.i worked on removing the original steering column and getting the tilt column in.it's in but not finished,i hope to button it all up tomorrow.i shortened the collapsable part of the steering shaft an inch or so.i moved the column closer to the dash by about an inch.i had a new headlight switch here so i installed it.the original still worked fine but it is 50 years old,time for a new one.i re-posistioned the neutral safety swith on the column and welded up the notch where it originally was and discovered the switch didn't match up to my trucks wiring for the NSS so no big deal,put my switch from the original column on the new tilt column then my wiring will work.WRONG,my original non-tilt column safety switch won't fit the new tilt,so i had to alter the wire connection.anyway it's in,tomorrow it'll be done and then move onto the rad.i'm considering ordering a new core and re-core my rad.i'll see what it looks like once i get the rad tanks off.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote