View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 11:02 PM   #40
kipps

Re: Bad decisions or twisted logic?

I've never seen any issue with spoiled dairy products here. Our milk and yogurt is all directly from the farm bulk tank. No pasteurization, nothing. The cheese I eat is all purchased in five-pound blocks. Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Farmer's Cheese are my favorites. If it molds, I cut off the molded area, and eat the rest. If milk sits around too long, it sours, and is not as appealing anymore. But that's mostly because I don't like sour milk.

Further, I've been playing around with different methods of raising calves. If I let the milk bottles develop a layer of white yogurt inside, I can forego any cleaning of the bottles without negative health effects on the calves. It seems like the naturally-occurring yogurt cultures keep the bad bacteria away altogether.

A lot of the danger of spoiled dairy products appears to be an issue only with pasteurized stuff. The unpasteurized milk products sour in a relatively harmless manner. I'm not convinced that pasteurization is as much of a public-health benefit as we've always been told.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote