View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 06:45 PM   #15
NDM

Re: 72 Blazer project. OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970cstblazer View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've had a few LS/LT based GM V8's in my new daily driver Sierras, and they have treated me well.

Both the original 350 and the 402 in my vintage GM trucks run like swiss watches, even after almost 100k miles each and 50 plus years. Both run points and Q-Jets..

I see absolutely zero need to switch, and frankly get really tired of seeing every single vintage truck with a modern engine. May be great for some, but not for me!
For me it was a simple choice. I loved driving my 76 Buick regal. I wanted to drive it more but the old motor was woefully unreliable when I wanted to drive it. In the cold, Fugetaboutit! On my last military deployment in 2015-2016 I got into a long debate about LS swaps with my youngest troops. They had me laughing screaming "LS swap the world Team Chief"!! I was the old guy in charge of them. Well fast forward an couple years and after multiple attempts to get my beloved Regal started, I had a fit. Soon there after I got hit by a drunk driver and landed on a pile of compensation in July. In August of 2020 I had a 6 liter Gen4 with 6l90 in my driveway and started it for the first time in DEC. Due to brake lines, my first drive was Jan 19th in the snow and I basically knew right then that the young bucks were 100% correct! Here I am three years later having driven it all over the earth and the only issues was a fuel pump, a dead battery, a broken wire due to user error and I had to replace the throttle body sensor. My Blazer is down so I have driven the Regal all winter in it's place.

There is triple the power and torque, way better gas mileage and it is simply so nice not worrying about if I will make it home without a tow truck.

My Blazer has at least 140K miles and leaks everywhere. So did the Buick before the swap with 188K miles. Now the Buick does not drip anything but water from the exhaust. Hell my other 76 Buick with 66K miles never drove this well.

I just want to be able to finally take my Blazer into my parents massive desert property to have fun without worrying about being stuck there due to motor issues. I just want to drive my Blazer like it is a new car!

No worries, to each their own I guess.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote