View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #20
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Disc/Disc proportioning valve!

Just a note on four wheel disc brakes. Not related to our trucks but brings up a good point...
Back in 1999, I built a 350 powered V8 Pontiac Fiero. I actually had more money in the adapter kit than what we paid for the car lol.
Any way's, after I got it finished, I got transferred to Hawaii and had to arrange for the car to be shipped over.well, any one familiar with Hawaii's DMV will tell you that when you modify a vehicle in anyway other than stock, you have to get a "Reconstructed Inspection" well, It costs a small fortune to ship a car to the islands, and I didn't want to ship a car only to have to part it out. So, I called the inspection station to see what, if anything they might have a Hang up with.
After explaining what I had done, the inspector questioned whether or not the car would stop adequately or not, given the added displacement and horsepower.
I explained to him that the Fiero's came with four wheel disc brakes from the factory, and if anything, the cars had no where near the power to braking capability that it should have. So, if anything else, it was more closely matched h.p. To braking ratio. Of course, he wasn't about to sign his name on the line,
And I ended up selling the car. That really sucked too, I never got to drive it very far either.
Just thought I'd share that experience with everyone....
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote