Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 04:12 PM   #6398
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

the beauty of owning old cars or trucks is that they need constant care and feeding, and Rusty is no exception, especially as my daily driver

add to that the premise that if it aint broken and you decided to fix it, and you have a recipe for a fun weekend

old cars are funny like that, I still remember the Car Fix episode where Jared and Lou both very competent wrenches drove in and replaced the carpet in a Camaro or Fire Chicken I forget which, and afterwards the car would not start, and would not drive out of the shop bay, lol, I just grinned and nodded to myself, going yup - old cars!!!

so what is this latest rant about, well my Lokar automagic transmission shifter, it worked fine before I loosened the tortoise shell to get to the trans fluid lines in order to replace them, and now with the shell back in place and bolted up finger tight the shifter has way too much throw on it for some odd unexplained reason where it wants to go way too far forward and kiss the dash and then lay way too far back and hug the seat

we must investigate this mystery
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 03-20-2021 at 04:27 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote