View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:43 AM   #1
roll_the_dice

1964 GMC 1 Ton Dually build

OK, so the time has come to start my next truck...a 1964 GMC 1 ton dually. It is a matching numbers truck with 64k original miles. It was a farm truck and has lots of dents and dings...but I am not sure I care too much except for the hood that is so bent it doesn't close properly...so I either need to source another one or try and repair this one.

My plans are fairly simple in my head so far, I plan on making it a flatbed of sorts. I haven't done anything to it yet except start gathering parts.

Parts I have gathered so far:
  • "New" used OEM front windshield
  • "new" an original bench seat just going to clean up the cover or dye it a darker color.
  • used passenger side cowl
  • 50 gallon gas tank from a c60 (either side frame mount or bed mount)
  • OEM Power Steering pump and bracket

Things I need/want to get:
  • New wiring harness
  • GMC Hood
  • Dana 70 or 14 bolt 3.73 or 3.54 DRW Rear End
  • Fabricate flat bed or find 9' step side bed
  • Repair some dents..not all dents
  • Paint inside of cab Fawn
  • 16" Wheels
  • Power Steering for the 305e V6 engine ( might take a while)
  • Brake Booster and split brake lines for dual MC
  • Clear Coat truck
  • Rubber Floor matt

Going to be similar to my last build...not a ton of body work...fortunately there is only surface rust on this truck...no holes or rust through.

No engine work, no trans work on this one...just clean them up and make sure they are running correctly...although adding power steering is in this trucks future...so if you have power steering pulleys for a 305e v6, let me know. I have feelers out there.

Here are a few pictures as the truck sits now and one at the end that is my bed inspiration (unless I find a 9' bed quickly). This will be a slow build at first while I gather parts, but once I get the truck turned around in my driveway, I am going to start taking it apart and cleaning it up...maybe this weekend/next weekend.
Attached Images

roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote