View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #10
Rusti

Re: 1950 GMC on s10 named Hook

Hello all

Slow progress on my build in the moment. A lot of work to do with the garden and around the house with winter coming.
I used the original front mounts for the fenders and the front part. I build some brackets and bolted them to the old radiator frame. With the front bolted to the cab and using the s10 rubber mounts I welded the s10 holder to the frame and everything is quiet strong.

The next step was the radiator. I build a frame that is bolted on the bottom to the s10 frame and on the top to the to original GMC radiator frame. I am not perfectly happy with it but for the first try it is ok. I hope the radiator is not too small for the engine. I am using an extra transmission oil cooler which is bolted in front of the water radiator.

The one is the parking brake. I am using the original pedal on the left side of the cab. It is the same assembly like the one from the s10 but I had one problem. The cable on the right side hits the exhaust pipe and the driveshaft. I am running the cable above them. For this I cut out the holder from the frame and replaced on top of the frame rail. Works.

I take some time and did some wiring work. Tried to take out the one which are not used like ABS and all these things. As far as I want to have possibility to take off the front clip with out a lot of work I decided to use some connectors on the left and right side where the fenders hit the firewall. A lot of work. The original hole in the firewall for the heating regulator is perfect for the wires which run from the engine to the ECU.

So long Arnd
Rusti is offline   Reply With Quote