View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #22
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

Things are moving along at a snail's pace but at least moving.
The AAW Classic Update wiring kit is mostly in. What a dream to work with!
I got an order of Flextral F6 braided split loom as well to keep things as clean as possible. Makes a nice finish and simplifies things.
Received the dash and gauges from Classic Dash with Autometer Pro-Comp gauges. Was able to get the speedo in km/hr which is a bonus for living up here in Canada. Got the matte black dash and thought about painting it but think I'll leave it as is. Interior of cab will all be orange / black so this fits well.
Received the new steering wheel as well from Grant - took two months on backorder but worth the wait. Still working out some mounting issues with that aligning the spline hub 3-bolt locator to the 5-bolt mount for the Signature series wheel. Getting the turn signal return cams aligned with all of that seems to be one or the other - either the wheel is aligned correct or the turn signal cams are but not both. We'll see what Grant comes back with but will probably require some ingenuity to make it fit correctly.
So aside from that it now starts/stops with the ignition switch (instead of my jump switch), alternator charging, all running well and no leaks. Just about time to sit a pail upside down in the cab for a seat and take her for a tour around the yard to see how she rolls around. Will wait until the snow and ice clears out though I think.
Attached Images