View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #104
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lets see your garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
The wife and I have been very diligent over the past 10 years paying the house off, we're down to about 4.5 years left. After appraisal we had something like 210K in equity because the value has gone up 85K since we bought it. I took out a 25K HELOC with 15K advance. I paid the first 30K of the build in cash. Been saving for quite a while. I hope to get out of it around 60K, fully finished with the lift. If I go a little over, no biggie. I just ordered the shingles, siding, and remaining sheeting from the place I used when I redid the house. Into it for 35K-ish so far. I have quotes for the doors ($$ because they're 10x10) and electric, after that all I have left to buy is sheetrock, insulation, and the lift... and get it all installed. Fun...
Well, my smallest garage on this thread may not be much, but I built it with roofing & purlins left over from work I did on a Morton bldg., 2 x 6 Douglas Fir 2 x 6 rafters from a 3 car garage I helped take down, and the back posts and beam were already there. The siding I bought 7 pcs 10' and the rest is salvaged from a job. The windows are salvage, too, and the frames I made with the Douglas Fir 2 x 6. I had to buy Sakrete, posts, beams, corrugated metal, some of the 1 x 8 fascia material, gutter/downs/leaf relief, and hangers/fasteners. The whole thing is screwed and bolted. The paint I had from doing my house this summer. I still don't have a slab, wired, the other two walls or the 9' door. But so far I've spent $600. I have a conduit from the house for power I put in years ago. I figure about $1,500 complete. I already have lighting from my old shop

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-21-2019 at 07:31 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote