View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #21
vintovka

Re: Outside Mirrors - which ones to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest67 View Post
mr48 - thanks for the info, I am hoping to find something just like that, but round.

vintovka - on your truck, a lifted 4x4 , those look great, but I was hoping for something smaller

Chris (NJ) - those are the mirrors that I have found everywhere (Round Swan Neck) but I have been told they shake so bad when moving, that they are useless....and I am afraid that walking around the truck in the garage, I will be bumping into them.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.
Yes the large mirrors are a must even with a 4" lift and 5 window cab. Very first trip with the peeps, i absolutely couldn't see cars on my right. On my left the vent window interfers with both the view and the vent operation. The clamp on peeps also vibrated badly as well. Seems all ADs are set up for L&R OEM mirrors and easily to install. Those engineers back then knew what they were doing. If considering the large mirrors like mine you may have to add a 1 to 1.5" extension to the OEM left bracket to get clearnce/view you want. ick your mirrors carefully as one of mine has steel backing screws that have begun to rust. Mine does not vibrate BTW.

My shrinking stature also makes the larger mirrors more important. Even had to ad an extension to the rear view mirror to see well behind me. My shaded slider window may have been a mistake as well but too late now. There are some mod pics on the link below if interested.

I think whatever you choose a panoramic mirror on the right is best. I see almost all new cars have one for this reason. Might look ugly but a wreck is really ugly!
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote