View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #235
6lcummins

Re: My 56 6bt 4X4 build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Grimace View Post
So that is in 2 hi? My truck is 3.54s and 37" tires with just the pump turned up. I don't think my truck could pull the 180' or so that the 56 6bt pulled. He has the non intercooled first gen with the bigger stock injectors.
LOW side, you don't have the 1300HP it'd take to succesfully run 2nd High. If you put smaller tires on it would help a lot for pulling but that is a pita. And all 1st gen Dodge Engines started off as 160HP. Launch is the biggest determiner of how far you will go in all honesty.

As far as gear ratio goes, NV4500 gear selection from low to high:

2nd Low
3rd Low
2nd High
4 Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Hi Luther. I pulled in low range 2nd gear . It was just rite to get moving Im glad I had a little spin at first to get the thing spooled up . Once I got into it it was on the stock rev limiter , 2200 ??? all the way . Once the weight moved up the sled it parked me in a hurry. Pulled the rev's down a bit but promptly broke traction. I think with the fuel pin and govinor spring installed it would be just rite . I had them in the glove box but they didnt seem to do much Im trying to get the vid on here but my wifes phone dosent seem to be able to make it happen .

I have the same eng you did at first. 92 inercooled . I ditched the inercooler on install tho due to fitment . I dont have to tell you how tight these engines fit tho !

Does anyone know how, or if I can move my thread to the diesel swaps section ? I seem to spend all my time there now seeing what everyone is up to .
You have to get one of the admin or mods to move the thread.

As far as rpm you are right about the defuel point, but the GSK will help along with the Fuel Pin.

I know on my 1988 Chevy I just had a set of "90HP" injectors, HX35, and single sceramic disc clutch and it owuld get 250-310ft back in the day. It was also a non IC ag VE setup.
6lcummins is offline   Reply With Quote