View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #126
GerhardH

Re: My 1968 C-20 Golden Anniversary Project

Today I was trying to repair my ammeter, but lost. Maybe somebody can help!
The ammeter was showing nothing from the beginning as I bought the car. was studying all the information about them here in the forum (vettevet etc.) and today was starting to investigate.

1. I tried directly with a nearly empty battery connected to the gauge, great action on the pointer

2. Than I was doing the same far away on the fuses, same great result, than connected the fuses again (measured before ok) and measured directly on the ammeter. Both contacts showed plus, means connected.

3. My shunt (The battery charging wire) and the "Splice" are looking original.

So after reconnecting I saw that indeed the ammeter act, if I switch on the light with no running engine slightly to "D" discharge and if I start the engine slightly to "C" charge, but only 0.03" from middle (zero).

Ist this normal or what can be wrong?
Attached Images

Members met: 68 short step, 68bowtie, 72c20customcamper, botmfedr1, C/10 King, Chevyland, cornerstore, dmjlambert, fun in dirt, GMan69, Ol Blue K20
1968 CHEVROLET C20 Custom Camper 50th Anniversary, Long bed (LB) 8', 327 V8, Air Condition (AC), Power Steering (PS), Power Brake (PB), Z62 Custom & Comfort Appearance, Turbo Hydramatic TH 400
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=760400

Last edited by GerhardH; 09-16-2020 at 10:52 AM.
GerhardH is offline   Reply With Quote