View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
Hellfire420

Re: Fuel Gauge not working????

sorry, it's a 68 chevy c-10, I just took the instrument cluster out and apart, tested the fuel gauge with power like on the link you gave out and it will go up and down. I can't accurately test the resistance cause all I have is a POS multimeter, might see if I can find someone with a good and accurate one, but I noticed that it shows no, or close to it, resistance between any of the connections, even between the fuel gauge and temp gauge, so I wonder if it's a sign of something else wrong. Maybe I'll get it working and my other gauges will start working too, but it's been a long time since I've tinkered with it. I'll keep working on it and check the things you mentioned.

Also, what all is supposed to be coming out of the tank. I remember checking the sender wire for a short or open a long time ago, but I'm also reading about a ground and I don't have anything else on the tank but the fuel line and sender wire. I would assume it's grounded out through the tank itself. Thanks for the help.
Hellfire420 is offline   Reply With Quote